Young man dies of carbon monoxide inhalation in Kitchener; Six people are in hospital

By: 600011 On: Dec 20, 2023, 5:49 PM


A 25-year-old man died of carbon monoxide poisoning in Kitchener and six people were hospitalized, police said. The carbon monoxide leak occurred in a house where foreign students were staying. According to the police, the poisonous gas spewed from the car which was started in the garage.The incident took place at a house on Activa Avenue near Periwinkle Street around 7.30 am on Tuesday. Police said there is no mystery in the incident.International students say they need more knowledge about carbon monoxide detectors. Foreign students are calling on landlords and the government to make it clear to foreign students that the house has detectors and what to do in case of an emergency before renting them out.