AI will affect 40 percent of jobs globally: IMF

By: 600011 On: Jan 16, 2024, 12:59 PM


The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has predicted that artificial intelligence could affect nearly 40 percent of jobs worldwide and that this trend will increase inequality. IMF chief Kristalina Georgieva, who said that AI poses a threat to global job security, assessed in a blog post that AI will help to increase productivity, fuel global growth and create great opportunity.

AI will affect 40 percent of jobs in advanced economies. So the coming years will be crucial. The impact of AI will be less in developing countries. The remaining 60 percent of jobs are in developing economies. They also pointed out that AI growth will increase in highly skilled occupations.

Sometimes the work itself may disappear. Or maybe AI will improve the job. They suggest that both are likely.